House to House: “Use a REALTOR® to Help You Buy Your Home”
By: Juli Gates, Director of Communication
Buying a home can be overwhelming. There are so many voices telling you to do this or that and unfortunately buyers end up more frustrated than when they began the process in the first place. If you are interested in purchasing a home, use a REALTOR®! Listed below are just a “few” reasons why a REALTOR® is the way to go.
- REALTORS® abide by a code of ethics. What does that mean, you might ask? These are a set of rules and guidelines set up by the National Association of REALTORS® to be sure that all REALTORS® are practicing properly and fair in the real estate business with integrity and honor.
- REALTORS® never stop educating themselves. Before I started to work with REALTORS®, I had no idea how much continuing education is involved. Along with the state mandated number of hours, REALTORS® go beyond in continuing their education with designations, certifications, and other forms of professional development.
- REALTORS® look out for your best financial interests. They will do everything in their power to protect you. This falls back to claim 1, in that they abide by a Code of Ethics to always have the buyers best interest.
- REALTORS® keep up with the ever-changing real estate regulations. Each home is different, and the laws vary between states. A REALTOR® will have the knowledge to guide you in the many updates that might have changed since you last purchased your home.
- REALTORS® will help you find the perfect home. For example, a REALTOR® will provide you with their knowledge of anything to look for in a new home besides the basics of square footage or the number of bedrooms and baths. While these two things are too very important, a REALTOR® will go beyond the aesthetics and give you vital information that you wouldn’t think otherwise of when purchasing a home.
- REALTORS® know the ins and outs of contracts and negotiations. Your REALTOR® will guide you through all of the complex documents and help make the best offer for you. Negotiating can be tedious and long, but with the help of your REALTOR®, the process will move much quicker and smoother.
If you are considering purchasing a home, I challenge you to consider using a REALTOR® and see what they can do for you.
House to House is distributed weekly by the Arkansas REALTORS® Association. For more information on homeownership in Arkansas, readers may visit www.ArkansasRealtors.com.